5.04.2013

Fancy Some Lovely Scenery?


I managed to find a sandy beach!


Søren Christian Sommerfelt: a Danish Botanist

Polar Camping!



 Junkerdalsura: I think this little nature reserve is probably one of my favorite places I’ve been in Norway so far. Perhaps my most favorite nature spot EVER! I know I’ve only seen a tiny pinprick of Norway’s scenery, but I already know it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to. I’ll admit, I was expecting a lot coming here and I haven’t been let down. The pictures I take don’t do it justice whatsoever, it’s actually a bit frustrating. There is just no comparison to seeing the huge mountains right in front of your face. Today I was describing the Cascade mountains in Oregon to Clarissa’s Norwegian friend. They gradually slope upward and are dotted sporadically down the western part of the state, some stand alone and some are in small groups. Here in Norway, the mountains shoot straight up out of the ground, creating these super steep slopes, gorges, and fjords. And they surround you (well, at least they do where I am), 360 degrees of mountains and ridges, some are miles long. It is amazing! People’s houses are right at the foot of huge mountains and I just love imagining what it would be like to see that view every morning.   



The rocks in this gorge, and pretty much all the rocks I’ve see here are so awesome. They are striped and speckled with tons of different veins that break apart into thin paper-like sections that create really cool jagged shapes along the cliffs. 


1 comment:

  1. Incredible scenery! I want to transport myself there!!!!! I like the Danish botanist statue.

    ReplyDelete