5.30.2013

Farewell Scotland



I’m sitting in the Glasgow airport, awaiting my flight back to the USA. Last night I was relaxing in my hotel room, feeling intimidated and overwhelmed after having arrived in the big city. I was feeling scared and anxious again, like I had when I first arrived in Scotland. Afraid of the unknown I suppose, not knowing what future will be waiting for me back home. This morning my mind was lost in the process of getting ready to leaving, packing up the rest of my belongings, and looking forward to clean clothes and the ability to do laundry again! I ate my breakfast, I checked out of the hotel, and made my way to the bus station. When riding on the bus to the airport, watching the city go by, I was struck with a feeling of “I don’t want to leave!” It surprised me because I had been experiencing feelings of loneliness and fear off and on since I have been here, and I was looking forward to going home again. To have a sense of comfort and support again I suppose. I have been adrift and out of my comfort zone for over a month now, but I think what is happening is I am starting to adapt. To being alone, to being in a foreign country, to traveling. I know, right when I’m about to leave! I just think that is a great thing about being a living thing, person, animal, whatever...the ability to adapt to your surroundings in time. I am so grateful to have been able to explore a bit of this fine country and I can’t wait to some back someday, and maybe even share it with someone.

1 comment:

  1. I sense your vagabond spirit and your inner Tiger!! There is no place like home...but sometimes adventure sparks a light in you that you never knew was there!
    Welcome home, Ing.

    ReplyDelete