5.10.2013

Maelstroms and Ferry Rides


Don't worry, those two things aren't linked in this case. Yesterday we had an awesome day trip up to Saltstraumen and then to Kjerringøy. Saltstraumen is a very narrow strait in this fjord, only about 450ft across I read. As the tide goes in and out, a lot of water has to pass through this little opening, causing these maelstroms. It was quite unbelievable! 

Next, we went up north past Bodø until the road ended and we had to get on a ferry! The ferry ride was only 10 minutes long, but it was absolutely gorgeous! Everywhere I went yesterday, I was just blown away by the view.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!!!!! The mountains there are absolutely gorgeous!!!! It's like there are Tetons for miles!!!!! What amazing scenery. I'm blown away. The maelstrom is cool. Now I know that word is Norwegian!! Thanks, Ing.

    ReplyDelete